The Best Anti-Inflammatory Desserts
Pro yummy, anti-inflammatory.
The Best Anti-Inflammatory Desserts:
ANTI-INFLAMMATORY MANGO BARS:
This recipe originally appeared on damyhealth.com, check out her site for more tasty and delicious recipes!
This recipe uses turmeric in a subtle way that just adds a note of complexity to the dessert. The main flavors of this dessert are layered mango, coconut, lemon, raspberry...
We highly recommend trying these bars this summer.
- 1 1/2 Cup Almonds
- 1 1/2 Cup Macadamia
- 1 1/2 Cup Large Fresh Medjool Dates (Pitted & Chopped)
- 1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Lemon Caramel Ingredients:
- 10-14 Large Fresh Medjool Dates (Pitted & Chopped)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Natural Almond Butter
- Mango Cream Ingredients:
- 3 Cups Frozen Mango Chunks -1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 Cups Cashew Butter
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Cream (Pre-Refrigerated)
- 10 Drops Liquid Stevia (or 1-2 Tbsp Maple Syrup, Coconut Sap or Agave)
Raspberry Icing Ingredients:
- 1/2 Cup Natural Cashew Butter
- 1 1/2 Raspberries
- 1/4 Cup melted Coconut Oil
- 8-10 Drops Liquid Stevia (If you don't mind the sugar you can use Coconut Sap, Agave or Maple Syrup)
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper and place in the freezer. Place all crust ingredients into your food processor and pulse until dough-like with still visible crushed nuts.
Remove baking dish from freezer and press dough down evenly into baking dish. Place all lemon caramel ingredients into your food processor and blend until completely smooth.
Spread evenly over dough.
Place all mango cream filling ingredients into the food processor and blend until smooth. Spread evenly over the lemon caramel layer.
Place squares in the freezer for an hour.
Place all raspberry icing ingredients into the food processor and blend until smooth. Place into the refrigerator until squares are ready.
Remove squares from the freezer and cut into squares.
Top squares with raspberry icing. Enjoy!
Store in the freezer.
CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES WITH STRAWBERRY FROSTING:
This Recipe originally appeared on: AgainstAllGrain.com
I'm excited to share this recipe for grain free chocolate cupcakes that I have been working on for you. They are nut-free and dairy-free as well!
- 1 cup sweet potato flour
- ½ cup arrowroot powder
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup palm shortening (grass-fed butter may be used)
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder (make your own for starch free or use this corn-free baking powder)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup maple sugar (coconut sugar may be used)
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup freeze dried strawberries
- 1 cup palm shortening, room temperature
- ½ cup raw honey (the semi-solid form works best)
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon sweet potato flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Chocolate Lettering (link to template)
- 3 ounces 85% cacao chocolate, chopped
Note: This recipe was specially created with the intended ingredients above. If the ingredients listed do not work for you as stated, please feel free to experiment and let us know your findings or use one of my other cupcake recipes that may better suit your needs.
Preheat oven to 350° F and line a 12 cavity muffin tin with parchment liners. Combine the sweet potato flour and arrowroot in the bowl of a stand mixer, or in a large bowl using a hand mixer.
In a saucepan, bring the coconut milk to a low boil then remove it from the heat. Whisk in the shortening until fully combined.
Pour the hot liquid over the flour mixture and stir to just combine. Allow the mixture to rest for 5 minutes.
Add the cocoa, baking powder, and baking soda and mix until combined. Add the maple sugar, honey, vanilla, and apple cider vinegar and beat again for 30 seconds until fully combined.
Add the eggs one at a time, beating in between until fully incorporated. Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin and bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when entered into the center of a cupcake. Allow cupcakes to cool completely on a wire rack.
To make the frosting: place the strawberries in a spice or coffee grinder and grind until you have a fine powder. In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, or using a handheld mixer, beat together the shortening, honey, vanilla, arrowroot, and sweet potato flour. Drizzle in the coconut oil with the mixer running, and beat until incorporated. Add the strawberry powder and beat again until fully incorporated. Refrigerate the frosting for 30-40 minutes, until it has set enough to hold it's shape when piped.
To make the lettering: Print out the provided template and place it underneath a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Melt the 85% chocolate over a double-broiler and put it into a piping bag. Trace the shapes then allow it to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Then place the tray in the fridge to set for 30 minutes.
SHARE with family and friends!