17 Things That Every Woman Who's Not A "Girly Girl" Will Understand
If it's got pockets, i'm into it.
This list is for the girls, the non "girly girls," that is:
I know you're out there too, wearing flats, loathing dresses ... come on ladies, raise your hand...** fist pump, girl... **
This list is for you.
1. Your clothes are, above all else, extremely comfortable.
YES I AM INTO THAT
2. Your shoes are 3 things: flat, easy to put on & easy to take off.
And Heels ... OH MY HEAVENS
3. Nail polish lasts for about 15 minutes...
¯ \ _ ( ツ ) _ / ¯
4. Any time you're forced to dress up, this is legitimately how you feel:
Weddings/ graduations/ Easter dinner = torture.
5. It took you a while to figure out the whole bra thing.
And tbh you'd still rather wear a sports bra any freaking day of the week.
6. It's tough to even sit and spend an hour at the salon getting a trim.
7. You've never bothered to figure out what your "face shape" is.
8. Trying to wear makeup beyond anything utterly basic is just a mess
This girl is literally me.
9. And the rare occasion you use red lipstick your friends are like:
OMG. Take a chill pill Brittany, this is NOT a come to Jesus moment, so you can please stop giving me your aggressive fashion advice.
10. YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY FRIENDS NEED AN HOUR+ TO GET READY!!!!
I got places to be, burgers to eat, let's go people!!!
11. You can't recall when you last flipped through a "women's magazine."
12. And whether you like it or not, roundabout questions about your sexuality are awkwardly common.
What are you asking exactly, Karen? Just spit it out...
13. You've often been told to "sit like a lady."
14. Your parents often tell ppl you weren't like the "other girls"...
Why use a fork when you have two hands and a pair of scissors??
15. You could only stand dress-up for 15 min, because after that it always got dangerous.
This was just a giant no-no for everyone involved.
16. You were a bit more "physical" than other girls
17. But, in the end, it's simple, we're still women, just:
⬆︎ What she said.
SHARE with family and friends!!
We hope you love the products we recommend! Before you continue, we’d like you to know that there are affiliate links in this article. This means Women.com may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the following links. Prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.