12 Meredith Grey Quotes That Will Teach You How To Live
If Meredith Grey doesn't inspire you every Thursday night, we may have a problem.
Ahh, Meredith Grey. Amazing surgeon, amazing mother, amazing woman. These twelve Meredith Grey quotes teach us that life will never be perfect, but that doesn't mean it isn't worth living.
1. "So, do it. Decide. Is this the life you want to live? Is this the person you want to love? Is this the best you can be? Can you be stronger? Kinder? More compassionate? Decide. Breathe in. Breathe out and decide."
2. "Knowing is better than wondering, waking is better than sleeping, and even the biggest failure, even the worst, beats the hell out of never trying."
3. "Just because we can live without something, it doesn't mean we have to."
4. "I don't know why we hold onto something we know we're better off letting go of. It's like we're scared to lose what we don't even really have. Some of us say we'd rather have something than absolutely nothing, but the truth is, to have it halfway is harder than not having it at all."
5. "At some point, you just have to let go, move on. Because, no matter how painful it is, it's the only way we grow."
6. "If there's just one piece of advice I can give you, it's this - when there's something you really want, fight for it - don't give up no matter how hopeless it seems. And when you've lost hope- ask yourself in 10 years from now- you're gonna wish you gave it just one more shot. Because the best things in life, they don't come free."
7. "More tequila. More love. More anything. More is better."
8. "I think it is important to take the time to tell the people you love how much you love them while they can still hear you."
9. "We'll try and we'll fail again because that's what progress looks like. Progress looks like a bunch of failures. And you're going to have feelings about that because it's sad, but you cannot fall apart. And then one day, we will succeed and save a person's life and we will walk on the moon."
10. "Too often, the thing you want most is the one thing you can't have. Desire leaves us heartbroken, it wears us out. Desire can wreck your life. But as tough as wanting something can be, the people who suffer the most, are those who don't know what they want."
11. "We do our very best but sometimes it's just not good enough. We buckle our seat belts, we wear a helmet, we stick to the lighted path. We try so hard to protect ourselves but it doesn't make a damn bit of difference, cause when the bad things come, they come out of nowhere. The bad things come suddenly with no warning, but we forget, that sometimes that's how the good things come too."
12. "I think you can't wait for someone to fly underneath you and save your life. I think you have to save yourself."
Which Meredith Grey quotes do you live by?