Educate Your Followers With These15 Indigenous People's Day IG Captions
Celebrate the people who were here first!
Best Indigenous People's Day Instagram Captions
The second Monday of October marks Indigenous Peoples’ Day, the commemoration of the indigenous peoples of North America. The first city that held the celebration was Berkeley, California in 1992. Since then, over a hundred cities, and several states and universities formally recognize Indigenous Peoples’ Day instead of Columbus Day. If you're Native American or just wish to celebrate the first people of North America, we've got some great Instagram captions to keep you inspired and make your pics pop. We've got you covered for all the years' holidays!
Good Indigenous People's Day Instagram Captions
• "Although we are in different boats you in your boat and we in our canoe we share the same river of life" – Oren Lyons
• "Indigenous people believe that Man belongs to the World; civilized people believe that the World belongs to Man" – Daniel Quinn
• "I support the indigenous people anywhere in the planet." – Edward James Olmos
• "Solutions will not be found while Indigenous people are treated as victims for whom someone else must find solutions." – Malcolm Fraser
• "We are all indigenous people on this planet, and we have to reorganize to get along." – Rebecca Adamson
Great Indigenous People's Day Instagram Captions
• "Everything on the earth has a purpose, every disease an herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence.” – Mourning Dove Christine Quintasket Salish
• "The indigenous peoples understand that they have to recover their cultural identity, or to live it if they have already recovered it. They also understand that this is not a favor or a concession, but simply their natural right to be recognized as belonging to a culture that is distinct from the Western culture, a culture in which they have to live their own faith." – Samuel Ruiz
• “Our land is everything to us… I will tell you one of the things we remember on our land. We remember that our grandfathers paid for it – with their lives.” – John Wooden Leg, Cheyenne
• "My Indigenous heritage is something I hold close to my heart." – Ashleigh Barty
• "The Earth is the Mother of all people, and all people should have equal rights upon it. You might as well expect the river to run backward as that any man who was born a free man should be contented when penned up and denied liberty to go where he pleases.” – Chief Joseph, Nez Perce
Inspirational Insta Quotes For Indigenous People's Day
• "One does not sell the land people walk on." – Crazy Horse
• "The ground on which we stand is sacred ground. It is the blood of our ancestors". – Chief Plenty Coups, Crow
• "Children learn from what they see. We need to set an example of truth and action. – Howard Rainer, Taos Pueblo-Cree
• "We must protect the forests for our children, grandchildren and children yet to be born. We must protect the forests for those who can’t speak for themselves such as the birds, animals, fish and trees. – Qwatsinas (Hereditary Chief Edward Moody), Nuxalk Nation
• We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. – Dakota
What is your favorite quote about We want to know!