Ifeona White-Thorpe, a New Jersey teenager has to make a decision soon most high school seniors can only dream of -- deciding on which Ivy League school to attend in the fall. The problem, if you want to call it that, is that she was accepted into all of them. All eight of them.
Ifeoma White-Thorpe said she was shaking when she got the eighth acceptance letter.
"I was like, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, like this might be eight out of eight and I clicked it and it said 'Congratulations' and I was like oh my goodness!" White-Thorpe told CNN affiliate WABC-TV. White-Thorpe, a senior and student government president at Morris Hills High School in Rockaway, has to choose between Harvard, Yale, Cornell, Columbia, the University of Pennsylvania, Princeton, Dartmouth and Brown.
She wants to study biology and pursue a career in global health. She has also mentioned that she wants to be a cardiologist. Since all of the Ivy League schools "have great research facilities," she decided to apply to them all. Students getting into all of the Ivies is a monumental feat, but it's happened to a handful of teens over the past couple of years -- Kwasi Enin in 2014, Harold Ekeh in 2015 and Augusta Uwamanzu-Nna and Kelly Hyles last year.
So where will she go?
Her parents said the choice is totally up to her; White-Thorpe said she just doesn't know yet.
She can add another elite school to the mix as well -- she also got into Stanford.
Facts About Ifeona White-Thorpe
- She is an American, 17 year old female from New Jersey (Her parents were born in Nigeria)
- She is student body president at her high school in Morris Hills High School in Rockaway, New Jersey.
- She believes poetry helped her get into all 8 schools. She told ABC, “I think my love for poetry and writing just really stood out.”
- She is one of 2017 Coca-Cola Scholars. That is one of 86,000 students in the United States. They choose 150 students and she was one of them.
- She won the National Liberty Museum's Selma Speech and Essay Contest in 2015. [You can watch her recite it below]
- She won the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 3401's Voice of Democracy content earlier this year for her essay, "My Responsibility to America."
- She runs track & field for her high school
- She will graduate in June with her high school class
Congrats Ifeona! We are can't wait to watch your successes as your grow up! SHARE if you were as moved by this hardworking teen as we were!