Step Back in Time to Fall in Love With 14 Emily Bronte Quotes
Wonderful quotes to get you through the day.
Emily Bronte Quotes
We gathered fourteen Emily Bronte quotes fans of her work, fans of the Romance period, or people that simply enjoy classic literature will enjoy. Many of them are from Wuthering Heights, her most well-known work, but there are also some from her poetry given she was a fantastic poet in her own right.
Whether you're looking for a quote about love, soul searching, the self, the human condition, or more, there's likely a perfect Emily Bronte quote just waiting for you. It may even be on this list!
Lovely Emily Bronte Quotes
• "Love is like the wild rose-briar; Friendship like the holly-tree. The holly is dark when the rose-briar blooms, but which will bloom most constantly?"
• "Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree."
• "Honest people don't hide their deeds."
• "I wish I were a girl again, half-savage and hardy, and free."
• "I'll walk where my own nature would be leading: It vexes me to choose another guide."
Heartening Quotes By Emily Bronte
• "If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger."
• "Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same."
• "She burned too bright for this world."
• "Proud people breed sad sorrows for themselves."
Poetic Emily Bronte Quotes
• "I cannot express it: but surely you and everybody have a notion that there is, or should be, an existence of yours beyond you."
• "All our hearts were the mansions of distress."
• "I take so little interest in my daily life, that I hardly remember to eat and drink."
• "It was not the thorn bending to the honeysuckles, but the honeysuckles embracing the thorn."
• "She is hard to guide any way but her own."
Let's Keep the Conversation Going...
What's your favorite Emily Bronte quote?