Margarita May Is Upon Us! Here's How To Step Up Your Marg Game.
Lemon. Lime. In love.
My husband's birthday is in May. His favorite summertime cocktail is a classic margarita. We both appreciate good alliteration. So naturally, we celebrate Margarita May. So even more naturally, we know how to make the best margs.
And trust me, margarita mix is a crime against cocktail. A classic margarita is so easy, you should never, ever buy that neon green sugar water. Ever. Again.
Ingredients (for one cocktail)
- 1 1/2 oz tequila
- 1 oz fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 oz Triple Sec
- 1 1/2 tablespoons simple syrup (learn how to make your own here)
- Lime wedges
- Kosher salt
Who can? ¯_(ツ)_/¯
- On a flat plate, pour enough salt to dip rim of glass. Rub edge of glass with lime wedge to moisten the rim. Dip rim of glass in salt, twisting and rolling until the rim is fully coated. Reserve lime wedge for garnish.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add tequila, lime juice, Triple Sec, and simple syrup. Cover and shake for ~30 seconds.
- Strain drink into your salt-rimmed glass. Garnish with lime wedge.
Let your inner tequila-saur shine.
SHARE with your cocktail crew!
We hope you love the products we recommend! Before you continue, we’d like you to know that there are affiliate links in this article. This means Women.com may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the following links. Prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.