Easy Weeknight Win: Goat Cheese and Sundried Tomato Portobello Caps
A filling and satisfying meal for your next Meatless Monday.
Who needs meat? This vegetarian alternative is both savory and filling! Here's how to make it:
- 4 large Portobello caps
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces of goat cheese
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes
- chiffonade fresh basil (Check here if you're not sure what that means)
- Prepare the mushrooms by gently wiping with a damp paper towel, making sure to remove any dirt. Trim long stems so they're even with the underside surface of the mushroom. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil or a silicone baking sheet.
- Preheat the broiler on your oven. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Brush the mushroom caps with the mixture, making sure to get both sides and between the gills of the mushroom.
- Pop the mushroom caps under the broiler for 3-5 minutes. They will start to release moisture. Look for brown edges and mushrooms that are hot all the way through. Remove from oven.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. While your oven is heating, brush with a little more olive oil/balsamic mixture and fill the mushrooms with goat cheese and chopped sundried tomatoes.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes until the cheese has melted. Remove from oven and allow to cool for ~5 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh basil and serve immediately.
SHARE with your foodie friends!
We hope you love the products we recommend! Before you continue, we’d like you to know that there are affiliate links in this article. This means Women.com may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the following links. Price are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.