Ditch the Takeout: Make Your Own Pad Thai
Who doesn't love a good Pad Thai? But there's no need to rely on takeout for this treat--it's a quick and easy meal you can make at home.
This quick and easy Asian dish will be your tastebuds' dream come true! A little bit of spice and a lot of flavor go hand in hand to make the perfect dinner dish:
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
Add all the ingredients to a small sauce pan and heat over medium. Stir until the peanut butter melts and all ingredients are well combined.
- You can use pad thai/lo mein noodles for a traditional meal OR you can use a spiralizer or julienne peeler on carrots to make carrot noodles for an interesting twist.
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
For pad thai/lo mein noodles
1. Bring a pot of water to boil and cook per package instructions. Drain and set aside.
2. In a frying pad, add a small amount of coconut or vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
3. Add the onions and cook 3-5 minutes, or until soft. Add the bell peppers and cook for ~3 more minutes.
For carrot noodles
1. Heat a small amount of coconut or vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium high heat.
2. Add the onions and cook until softened, 3-5 minutes. Add the red pepper and carrots, along with 1/4 cup of water. Cover the pan and cook for 3 minutes.
Once noodles and veggies are finished, toss in peanut sauce until coated.
- You can add fried tofu, sauteed chicken, or sauteed shrimp to beef things up.
- Tasty toppings include: peanuts, chopped cilantro, sesame seeds, sriracha, bean sprouts, lime wedge
SHARE with your takeout buddies and have a cook-in night instead!