Ditch the Takeout: Make Your Own Pad Thai
Who doesn't love a good Pad Thai? But there's no need to rely on takeout for this treat--it's a quick and easy meal you can make at home.
This quick and easy Asian dish will be your tastebuds' dream come true! A little bit of spice and a lot of flavor go hand in hand to make the perfect dinner dish:
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
Add all the ingredients to a small sauce pan and heat over medium. Stir until the peanut butter melts and all ingredients are well combined.
- You can use pad thai/lo mein noodles for a traditional meal OR you can use a spiralizer or julienne peeler on carrots to make carrot noodles for an interesting twist.
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
For pad thai/lo mein noodles
1. Bring a pot of water to boil and cook per package instructions. Drain and set aside.
2. In a frying pad, add a small amount of coconut or vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
3. Add the onions and cook 3-5 minutes, or until soft. Add the bell peppers and cook for ~3 more minutes.
For carrot noodles
1. Heat a small amount of coconut or vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium high heat.
2. Add the onions and cook until softened, 3-5 minutes. Add the red pepper and carrots, along with 1/4 cup of water. Cover the pan and cook for 3 minutes.
Once noodles and veggies are finished, toss in peanut sauce until coated.
- You can add fried tofu, sauteed chicken, or sauteed shrimp to beef things up.
- Tasty toppings include: peanuts, chopped cilantro, sesame seeds, sriracha, bean sprouts, lime wedge
SHARE with your takeout buddies and have a cook-in night instead!
We hope you love the products we recommend! Before you continue, we’d like you to know that there are affiliate links in this article. This means Women.com may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the following links. Prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.