As a 5'0 woman, I love being short.
There are a lot of perks to being a small girl in the middle of a big world:
- You always have leg room on plains, trains, and buses.
- You can wear whatever heels you want without towering over your date.
- You will stay petite your whole life — which guys find cute as hell.
But it's not always easy being 5 feet small. Sometimes the vertically challenged can feel like there are so many things they're missing out on.
Here are the 18 things only short women will understand:
1. Shopping is the absolute worst.
2. You can’t see into most bathroom mirrors without standing on your toes.
3. When any tall person walks by, you instinctively do this.
4. You're never eye to eye with people.
5. Driving can be somewhat problematic.
6. You can't look intimidating no matter how hard you try.
7. You go to great lengths in the name of food.
8. This is pretty much your everyday mantra.
9. Hugging can get awkward.
10. Hanging out with your friends tends to look like this.
11. Trying to buy pants. Any kind of pants. At any store.
12. You still get carded for R-rated movies.
13. The deep end of the pool is not your friend.
14. Getting stuck behind anyone at the movies means you won’t be seeing it after all.
15. You find yourself saying this 5 times a day.
16. Driving in the afternoon is cruel and unusual punishment.
17. You get defensive when people point out how short you are.
18. Despite all its hardships, you love your short stature.
SHARE this story with someone short!