13 Phrases Only People Who Grew Up With a Mexican Mother Will Get
Beware the chancla.
1. "Te calmas o te calmo"
Were you talking back? Because you probably were if your mom says this to you.
2. "Echate Vaporru"
She believed Vick's VapoRub was the cure to all diseases
3. "Sana, Sana, colita de rana..."
Did you fall and hurt yourself? Because she most likely sang this to you to make you feel better
4. "El show de Cristina"
Literally Mexican Oprah. You do not disturb her when Cristina is on
5. "A la una, a las dos, y a las... TRES!"
Oh shit, you know you're in trouble when she starts counting... RUN
6. "¿Dónde están mis chanclas?"
Because god forbid she looses her chanclas
7. "¡Que horas son estas de llegar!"
When you get home late at night...
8. "Asando el chile"
Whenever she said this, you knew it was time to clear the effin house
9. "Callate pendeja"
You knew it was probably best to shut your mouth and stop talking back.
10. "Pues limpia la casa hay mucho que hacer"
Because there is ALWAYS cleaning to be done
11. "El Cucuy"
And you still have nightmares about Cucuy to this day
12. "Ya levantate de esa cama, deja el maldito teléfono y ponte a estudiar "
This is literally what you hear from her every weekend morning
13. "Ponte zapatos o te vas a enfermar"
Really mom? I didn't know my feet can catch colds...
Be sure to SHARE this list with your friends who may love this more than you!