12 Moments From High School Musical That You Won't Believe You Forgot About
"This is the start of something new"
1. Troy and Gabriela legit thought they were super stars during their first karaoke encounter
Also... Troy's shirt. That's all.
2. Gabriella, the new student, corrects the teacher in her first five minutes of being at the new school
Good first impression, Gab.
3. When this jock also enjoying baking is just TOO much for this high school to handle
ZEKE. STICK TO THE STATUS QUO, YA CRAZY REBEL YOU!
4. And don't even get me started on this girl who has brains BUT ALSO has a passion for dancing
HOW DARE SHE?!
5. When Troy and Chad are just chillin' in a tree
Please watch the full video for the full effect of this forgotten moment. To make the situation even funnier, coach storms in and exclaims "what are those two doing in a tree?!". Classic Disney Channel gold.
6. There's just a garden on the roof of the school that these two can sneak up to
7. This quote from Chad to Troy
"What spell has this elevated IQ temptress girl cast that suddenly makes you wanna be in a musical?"
She does look pretty evil... doesn't she?
8. They were live streaming before it was cool
Remember how every teen movie in the early 2000s was doing this? Way ahead of snapchat's time.
9. There is an 8-foot-tall poster of Troy Bolton in the high school hallway
I repeat. THERE IS AN 8-FOOT-TALL POSTER OF TROY BOLTON IN THE HIGH SCHOOL HALLWAY. Realistic? Probably not. Gorgeous? Actually I've seen Z Efron look better.
10. All of this Sharpay sass
Okay... so you didn't forget how mean she was. But watching the movie over again, you'll be glad that she wasn't the mean girl of your school.
11. Troy and Gabriela do not manage to kiss at all throughout the entire movie
This is for real. Jeesh... teenages back in 2006, I tell ya!
12. And the classic...
I had forgotten that every high school student was able to just spontaneously combust into song and dance after the HUGE basketball win. Way to go High School Musical, way to go.