1. WORDS OF AFFIRMATION IS A WHOLE LOT MORE THAN JUST MEANINGLESS PRAISE
You're not in it for the glory or for the public recognition. You need to hear words of affirmation because it's how you process love and appreciation. You don't need your boss to stand up in front of the entire company to honor you - a simple note with a "you're doing a great job" works just fine.
2. THE WORDS NEED TO FEEL AUTHENTIC AND GENUINE
Words mean a lot to you, and you can easily see through a half-hearted compliment or an insincere gesture. You crave meaningful appreciation from the people in your life, and you won't settle for anything less.
3. THE WAY SOMEONE SAYS SOMETHING IS JUST AS IMPORTANT AS WHAT THEY SAY
Words mean A LOT. But so does the way the words are said. You have always been perceptive - you know when someone believes what they're saying, and when they don't. If the compliment you receive is said in a flippant manner, it may as well have not been said at all.
4. IF SOMEONE RESPONDS WITH "LOVE YOU TOO", IT'S BASICALLY AN INSULT
The lack of the word "I" means a lot to you. It might be silly to other people, but it's important to you!!
5. NOTHING FEELS BETTER THAN SOMEONE SAYING "I BELIEVE IN YOU," "I TRUST YOU," OR "I CARE ABOUT YOU"
You crave words because they make you feel important and they make you feel special, just how other people might need gifts or physical touch. The way someone expresses their gratitude and compassion for you is through the things they say. A few simple phrases will make all of the difference.
6. EMOTIONAL SUPPORT IS IMPORTANT TO YOU, AND WITHOUT IT YOU FEEL OVERLOOKED
Your friends and family might never understand, but all you need is encouragement and appreciation to feel loved. That's it.
7. SOMEONE COULD TELL YOU HOW GREAT YOU ARE EVERY SINGLE DAY, AND IT WOULD LITERALLY NEVER GET OLD
You NEVER tire of hearing praise and encouragement from the people that you love (as long as it is said genuinely, of course). It doesn't matter how many times you've heard your boyfriend tell you you're pretty, or your boss say you're doing a good job - every new time you hear it is like the first time all over again.
8. YOU AREN'T NEEDY, YOU JUST NEED SUBTLE (BUT FREQUENT) VERBAL REMINDERS OF CARE
Some people feel like they're being repetitive with you - but that's not the case at all. You need to hear words of affirmation often - but every single time feels incredible for you.
9. IF SOMEONE IN YOUR LIFE HASN'T COMPLIMENTED YOU RECENTLY, YOU MAY WORRY THAT THEY NO LONGER FEEL THE SAME WAY
It might seem silly, but it's REAL. So just tell us you love us, already. It's not that hard!!
10. YOU EXPRESS YOURSELF THROUGH YOUR WORDS, SO IT IS EXCEPTIONALLY HURTFUL WHEN OTHER PEOPLE DO NOT VALUE THEM
You need people in your life who will listen to you when you speak, and understand the value you put on your words and your thoughts.
11. AT THE END OF THE DAY, YOU AREN'T ALL THAT COMPLICATED - YOU JUST WANT TO FEEL APPRECIATED AND CARED FOR
And isn't that what we all want? Come on, spread a little love!!
SHARE this list with your friends to let them know how you perceive affection and appreciation.