The New iPhone Screen Recording Feature Makes It Fun & Easy To Regram Instagram Videos
Up your Instagram game with the new iPhone screen recording feature!
How To Screen Record An Instagram Video On iPhone & Repost:
Apple's new iOS 11 release was met with mixed reviews, but the new Screen Recording feature opens the door for a lot of Instagram users who want to know, how to screen record an Instagram video on iPhone & repost?
Snapchat users may be upset about the temorary loop hole allowing users to record their snaps in private, but that isn't bothering the Instagram community much. Most Instagram users seem pretty excited about the new Screen Record feature and what it means for easily regramming other users posts.
On that note, below are the steps if you want to use the new iOS 11 iPhone update to start screen recording Instagram videos for a repost:
1. Make Sure You Have The iOS 11 Update Downloaded On Your iPhone Or Tablet:
If you don't have the most recent iOS update from Apple you can download it easily by clicking on the link below!
2. Be Sure To Add The Screen Recording Shortcut To Your Control Center:
Just like the Flashlight tool, the Screen Recording tool doesn't have an app — just a control option for the Control Center — but it's not enabled by default.
How To Add the Screen Recording Shortcut:
- To set it up, head over to your Settings app,
- Tap on "Control Center."
- Select "Customize Controls,"
- Scroll down to find "Screen Recording"
- Tap on the green "plus" icon next to it to add it to the Control Center
3. Now You Can Start Recording Your Screen!
Once you've added the Screen Recording control tile, you'll now see the Screen Recording toggle that you can tap on whenever you want to record your screen.
AT LONG LAST WE CAN RECORD OUR SCREEN AND TOGGLE LOW POWER MODE FROM THE TOOLBAR. DONT CHANGE ANYTHING. THE IPHONE IS NOW PERFECT. pic.twitter.com/AUROS2T3yz— Micah (@thingsmicah) September 25, 2017
If you want your screen recording to have audio, simply perform a long press or 3D Touch on the control tile to open its very own control window, then tap on the mic icon on the bottom to toggle audio on or off before you start recording. You can also tap "Start Recording" from this window to start recording, too.
4. Find An Instagram Video You Want To Repost On Instagram:
Find the post you'd like to record and cue it up in Instagram before you so into your iPhone setting and actually press record.
5. Start Screen Recording And Capture The Instagram Video:
- Once you have found a video you'd like you regram on Instagram you can then go back to your screen record feature. -> Press record
- Go back into Instagram where and play the video post you want recorded
- Allow the video to play long enough to capture the full post
- THEN, click into the red Screen Record bar at the top of your screen of click out of Instagram and go into Screen Recording feaure to press stop on the recording.
6. Edit The Instagram Video Clip In Your iPhone Camera Roll:
When you Screen record an Instagram video to repost chances are that the screen recording you took has a lot of extra iPhone footage you don't actually want. You'll only need to worry about editing the clip length, when you post to Instagram the excess iPhone screen seen in your camera roll at the top and bottom can be cropped out in app!
To edit out the parts you don't want before you post to Instagram:
- Find the Screen Recording video you want to edit in your iPhone camera roll
- Select the video
- Select Edit
- Edit the clip length to the beginning and end of the clip portion you want to post
- Hit done to save the changes (Either as a new clip or edit the original)
Please Note: I always like to save an edit to a video as a new clip, just incase you don't like the edit, you can always try again from the original clip!
7. Post The Video To Instagram From Your Camera Roll:
The final step before your video regram is complete it the fun part! Here's where you finally grab the clip to post on Instagram.
- Go into Instagram as you normally do to make a post
- Select the video you edited to post on Instagram
- Add any filters or other cropping mods you'd like
- Post the video!
SHARE with family and friends!!
Read these next:
We hope you love the products we recommend! Before you continue, we’d like you to know that there are affiliate links in this article. This means Women.com may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the following links. Prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.