23 Things That Only Make Sense If You Grew Up In Chicago
It's pop, not soda. Get it right.
1. You either love or hate Lollapalooza.
2. Putting ketchup on a hot dog is a sin.
3. You remember watching "The Bozo Show".
And probably knew someone who competed on the show.
4. It's seriously annoying when people compare Chicago to New York.
5. You really don’t call it “Chi-Town.”
But it's ok when other people do.
6. You love Portillo's.
But know that Johnnie's Beef reigns supreme
7. The holiday windows at Marshall Field's were a holiday go-to.
8. Jumper cables are your lifesaver.
9. Using furniture to cover your parking spot is totally acceptable.
Dibs is taken very seriously.
10. Kiddieland was your favorite place.
11. This will forever be the Sears Tower.
12. You know this weird jingle by heart.
You are probably singing the number right now!
13. You refuse to even entertain the Michael Jordan vs. LeBron James debate.
But for the record Jordan wins every time.
14. You refer to soft drinks as pop. Not soda. Not coke.
15. You still believe that Frank Lloyd Wright was the greatest architect to ever live.
16. Lake beaches are totally beaches.
17. The words "Rainbow Cone" means something totally different to you.
18. You know the city is a whole different place in the summer.
19. If it's above freezing, you can wear shorts in public.
20. It's a given that you love the Blackhawks.
21. Casimir Pulaski Day is pretty much an observed holiday to you.
22. Judging someone by what neighborhood they live in is totally fair.
23. No matter how many times you see it, the skyline never gets any less beautiful.
Because you wouldn't want to live anywhere else.
SHARE with friends who grew up in Chicago too!