16 Embarrassing Things All Cat Owners Have Definitely Done
How many of these are you guilty of doing?
Love make us do strange things. To prove that you're not alone in the weird and sometimes embarrassing things you do as a cat owner, here's a list for you!
1. Calling Your Cat Your Child
Because calling them your pet just doesn't seem to be enough.
2. Trying To Hold Your Cat's Hand
And grasping it when they try to pull away.
3. Having Conversations With Your Cat
All the while knowing they'll never understand you or be able to talk back.
4. And Using A Funny Voice Specifically For Them
How else are you supposed to address them?
5. Taking A Picture Of Your Cat Whenever They Do Something Cute/Weird
Cat: Puts head in slice of bread. You: Must take picture.
6. Feeling Offended When They Pay Attention To Someone Other Than You
Like, hello! Remember who feeds you?!
7. Holding Your Cat Up To A Mirror So They Can See Themselves
"Who's that?! Is that you?! Yes, it is!"
8. Buying Your Cat Birthday Presents
Even when you know all they'll want to play with is a cardboard box.
9. Having More Photos Of Your Cat On Your Phone Than Other Humans
"Oh, but she's just so cute and photogenic!"
10. Using Your Cat As A Pillow
But never applying too much pressure because you don't want to squish them.
11. Saying "Hello" And "Goodbye" When Your Cat Enters/Leaves The Room
Again, as if they'd understand.
12. Trapping Your Cat In A Room With You So They'll Hang Out With You
But all they want to do is escape, and you're always like, "Just love me!"
13. Ditching Plans To Stay Home And Hang Out With Your Cat
"Oh, sorry, I can't make it. I'm really sick. Let's reschedule!"
14. Forcing Them To Cuddle Even When They Obviously Don't Want To
If only they would hold still! We just want to love you!
15. Saying "Bless You" When Your Cat Sneezes
We've already established that cats have no idea what we're saying, right?
16. Trying To Negotiate With Your Cat About Whether It Wants To Be In Or Out
"Okay, Mr. Whiskers, but this is the last time I'm opening this door. Do you hear me?"
SHARE this list with your friends and family who love cats like you do!
We hope you love the products we recommend! Before you continue, we’d like you to know that there are affiliate links in this article. This means Women.com may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the following links. Prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.