15 Novel Quotes From Charles Dickens ‘A Christmas Carol’
Merry Christmas, everyone!
Best Quotes From Charles Dickens ‘A Christmas Carol’
It wouldn't be Christmas without Charles Dickens 'A Christmas Carol,' written all the way back in 1843. We've all heard the story of Ebeneezer Scrooge, a stubborn banker who learns about redemption from his dead business partner, Marley, and three spirits—the ghosts of Christmases past, present and future. This tale of regret and forgiveness has been made into countless movies and continues to be iconic for everyone! Go back to where it all began—with Dickens himself and these great quotes from the novel!
Good Quotes From Charles Dickens ‘A Christmas Carol’
• Darkness was cheap, and Scrooge liked it.
• "Bah," said Scrooge. "Humbug."
• "If they would rather die," said Scrooge, "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."
• Merry Christmas! What right have you to be merry? What reason have you to be merry? You're poor enough.
• He was wise enough to know that nothing ever happened on this globe, for good, at which some people did not have their fill of laughter in the outset.
Great Quotes From Charles Dickens ‘A Christmas Carol’
• For they said, it was a shame to quarrel on Christmas Day. And so it was! God love it, so it was!
• His own heart laughed: and that was quite enough for him.
• Scrooge was better than his word. He did it all, and infinitely more; and to Tiny Tim, who did not die, he was a second father.
• He was conscious of a thousand odors floating in the air, each one connected with a thousand thoughts, and hopes, and joys, and cares, long, long, forgotten.
• Marley was dead, to begin with. There is no doubt whatever about that.
Inspirational Quotes From 'A Christmas Carol' By Charles Dickens
• There is nothing in the world so irresistibly contagious as laughter and good humor.
• No space of regret can make amends for one life's opportunity misused.
• For it is good to be children sometimes, and never better than at Christmas, when its mighty Founder was a child Himself.
• He became as good a friend, as good a master, and as good a man, as the good old city knew.
• It’s Christmas Day!” said Scrooge to himself. “I haven’t missed it."
What is your favorite quote from 'A Christmas Carol'? We want to know!