Use These 15 Artsy Instagram Captions for All Your Poetry Posts
Show your poetic side!
Best Poetry Instagram Captions
Who doesn't love poetry? It's the truest form of emotion in prose. Poetry makes writers feel free to write down whatever it is they feel and connects the reader to their own emotions. If you're a fan of someone else's poetry or write your own, show your love for this literary art form by using these inspirational Instagram captions for all your poetry pics! Sometimes emotions are complex and we struggle to define them, so share your thoughts with the world on Insta through this powerful medium!
Good Poetry Instagram Captions
• "When power leads man toward arrogance, poetry reminds him of his limitations. When power narrows the area of man's concern, poetry reminds him of the richness and diversity of existence. When power corrupts, poetry cleanses." – John F. Kennedy
• "Poetry is when an emotion has found its thought and the thought has found words." – Robert Frost
• "Poetry is a beautiful way of expressing feelings—happy, sad, angry, caring. It's also a way that we share with other people, to help them with those feelings." – Mattie Stepanek
• "Poetry is the spontaneous overflow of powerful feelings: it takes its origin from emotion recollected in tranquility." – William Wordsworth
• "The world is full of poetry. The air is living with its spirit; and the waves dance to the music of its melodies, and sparkle in its brightness." – James Gates Percival
Great Poetry Instagram Captions
• "I would define, in brief, the poetry of words as the rhythmical creation of Beauty." – Edgar Allan Poe
• "What is a poet? An unhappy person who conceals profound anguish in his heart but whose lips are so formed that as sighs and cries pass over them they sound like beautiful music." – Soren Kierkegaard
• "Poetry is not only dream and vision; it is the skeleton architecture of our lives. It lays the foundations for a future of change, a bridge across our fears of what has never been before." – Audre Lorde
• "Poetry is the lifeblood of rebellion, revolution, and the raising of consciousness." – Alice Walker
• "Poetry is thoughts that breathe, and words that burn." – Thomas Gray
Inspirational Quotes To Celebrate Your Love Of Poetry
• "Poetry comes from the highest happiness or the deepest sorrow." – A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
• "Poetry is an orphan of silence. The words never quite equal the experience behind them." – Charles Simic
• "Poetry is nearer to vital truth than history." – Plato
• "Poetry is like a bird, it ignores all frontiers." – Yevgeny Yevtushenko
• "The crown of literature is poetry." – W. Somerset Maugham
What is your favorite quote about poetry? We want to know!