18 Edgar Allan Poe Quotes That’ll Speak to the Darkness in Your Soul
Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore.”
Best Edgar Allan Poe Quotes
Eighteenth century writer Edgar Allan Poe created such legendary works—“The Raven," “The Tell-Tale Heart," “The Murders in the Rue Morgue” to name a few—that they all continue to be popular and inspire, even today this day! Poe's works thrill, scare, and excite readers, but his life and death are as mysterious as his writings. If this gothic author speaks your language, we've curated some of his best quotes for you to use with your social media pics. For all things Poe, we've got you covered!
Good Edgar Allan Poe Quotes
• The scariest monsters are the ones that lurk within our souls.
• You call it hope — that fire of fire! It is but agony of desire.
• To die laughing must be the most glorious of all glorious deaths!
• Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see.
• When I was young and filled with folly, I fell in love with melancholy.
• Deep in earth my love is lying, And I must weep alone.
Great Edgar Allan Poe Quotes
• Here I opened wide the door;— Darkness there, and nothing more.
• I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat.
• Never to suffer would never to have been blessed.
• Even in the grave, all is not lost.
• Art is to look at not to criticize.
• Stupidity is a talent for misconception.
Mysterious Quotes From Edgar Allan Poe
• Let my heart be still a moment and this mystery explore…
• There is an eloquence in true enthusiasm.
• My heart beat calmly as that of one who slumbers in innocence.
• There is no beauty without some strangeness.
• Deep in earth my love is lying, and I must weep alone.
• I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
What is your favorite quote from Edgar Allan Poe? We want to know!