24 Times Meredith and Derek Were The Best TV Couple
Because They Had All the Relationship Goals.
1. Their Love Story Started Because of a Drunken Hookup
And Meredith didn't even remember his name the next morning!!
2. When Meredith Lays it All Out on the Line
"Pick me. Choose me. Love me."
3. This Ultimate Prom Scene
Because having sex in the exam room was like YAAS FINALLY!
4. The Bubble Bath Scenes
Always a fan-favorite, and some big relationship goals.
5. When Derek Saved Meredith From Drowning
Because if this isn't love, I don't know what is.
6. When Meredith Draws a Line
"So this line - is it imaginary or do I need to get you a marker?"
7. Because Everything is Always Better After These Two Kiss
Or cuddle. Or have sex. Or banter. Or whatever. They're just perfect.
8. When Derek Misses Meredith So Much It Hurts Him
And it hurts us too.
9. When Meredith Literally Builds a House of Candles
10. When Derek Participated in Meredith's Dance Parties
We always have to dance it out!
11. Their Shameless Hospital PDA
12. This Proposal
I mean, COME ON.
13. When Derek Realizes that All You Really Need for a Wedding are Vows
So they get married on a post-it, which hangs above their bed.
14. When Derek Sacrifices His Big Wedding for City Hall
15. When They Adopt Zola
After saving her life, Derek and Meredith decide to adopt Zola, who becomes the first of three children for our favorite duo.
16. And Boy, Do They Make Excellent Parents
Princess Tea Party!
17. When They Laugh Together
This happens often, but every time it does it always puts a smile on our faces.
18. When They Both Take Paternity/ Maternity Leave
Once they have another baby, the two take time off together so that one of them isn't leaving the other alone.
19. When Derek Sits With Meredith During Her Surgery
Even when Bailey tries to kick him out, he refuses to go.
20. When Derek Tells Meredith He Wants Another Baby
"It's always been you."
21. When Meredith Tries to Save Derek After He Gets Shot
"Don't you dare die on me, because that would be the worst breakup ever."
22. The Way They Love Their Children
He's wearing a crown and she's wearing tiger ears.
23. When Meredith Let Derek Go
sobs uncontrollably This was the hardest moment of our lives.
24. When Derek Wore His Lucky Red Shirt
Even though Mer/Der is no longer technically a thing, we still look back fondly at their relationship throughout 11 seasons on Grey's. And it all started with this lucky red shirt.
Have any more Mer/Der love? Share your favorite moments of these two in the comments below!