21 Kobe Bryant Quotes (2020)
Take inspiration and solace in some of Kobe Bryant’s most memorable quotes
21 Kobe Bryant Quotes to Inspire and Motivate You
NBA pro Kobe Bryant was known around the world as one of the best basketball players of all time. During his 20 year career spent entirely with the Los Angeles Lakers, Bryant was an 18 time All Star (among many other accolades) and was even the first guard to ever play for 20 seasons.
During his time on the court, Bryant was not only a sensational athlete, but he also had a lot of wise and inspirational words of advice to give to his millions of fans. In his retirement, Bryant championed for women's sports, as well as many other causes.
On January 26, 2020, Bryant tragically perished in a helicopter crash. As the world mourns his death, his legacy lives on in his accomplishments, his family, and these wise words of advice he's given over the years. So take solace and honor Byrant's memory with these 21 inspirational Kobe Bryant quotes.
View this post on Instagram
LA is the land of opportunity. It’s as big or small as you want it be. What you get out of LA reflects what you put in. It’s the place where you can learn from the greats who came before you. And where you can continue their journey farther. It’s where you leave a legacy for the next generation of LA greats to carry on after you. #sportchangeseverything
• “This is the moment I accept the most challenging times will always be behind me and in front of me.”
• “Everything negative – pressure, challenges – is all an opportunity for me to rise.”
• “Pain doesn’t tell you when you ought to stop. Pain is the little voice in your head that tries to hold you back because it knows if you continue you will change.”
• “If you’re afraid to fail, then you’re probably going to fail.”
• "Dedication sees dreams come true."
• “A lot of leaders fail because they don’t have the bravery to touch that nerve or strike that chord.”
• “Once you know what failure feels like, determination chases success.”
• “The most important thing is to try and inspire people so that they can be great in whatever they want to do.”
• “Winning takes precedence over all. There’s no gray area. No almosts.”
• “I realized that intimidation didn’t really exist if you’re in the right frame of mind.”
• "The most important thing is to try and inspire people so that they can be great at whatever they want to do."
• “I’m reflective only in the sense that I learn to move forward. I reflect with a purpose.”
• “I’m extremely willful to win, and I respond to challenges. It’s not a challenge to me to win the scoring title, because I know I can.”
View this post on Instagram
I created @Granity Studios as a way of teaching valuable life lessons to the next generation. Our stories represent a competitive mindset about being the best at what you do. The principles built within #EPOCA: The Tree of Ecrof inspire, motivate, and encourage those who are looking to harness their inner magic - or #grana. EPOCA is available Nov. 12 wherever you buy or listen to books. Click the link in my bio to pre-order. #GranityStudios
• “My parents are my backbone. Still are. They’re the only group that will support you if you score zero or you score 40.”
• “The beauty in being blessed with talent is rising above doubters to create a beautiful moment.”
• “The moment you give up, is the moment you let someone else win.”
• “I can’t relate to lazy people. We don’t speak the same language. I don’t understand you. I don’t want to understand you.”
• “Use your success, wealth and influence to put them in the best position to realize their own dreams and find their true purpose.”
• “I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. I have nights when I show up at the arena and I'm like, 'My back hurts, my feet hurt, my knees hurt. I don't have it. I just want to chill.' We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it."
• "Everything negative — pressure, challenges — is all an opportunity for me to rise."
• “I don’t want to be the next Michael Jordan, I only want to be Kobe Bryant.”