At some point, you realize you are too old to be shopping at Forever 21. For some us, that comes well before we actually turn 21. The neon, the slogans, the anxiety— it's just not worth it.
1. When All Of The Staff Seemed To Be On Tranquilizers
How the hell would you even get someone's attention in here? And if you do, they'll probably just roll their eyes.
2. When You Realize All The Clothes Are See-Through
Or crotchless. Or mesh. Coverage does not seem to be their priority.
3. When You See A Pile Of Clothes That's Basically A Tangled Mess Of Sadness
Where does it begin? Where does it end? Don't ask, but know it will eat your arm.
4. When You Think You Find Something You Like— You *Think*
It's plain, it looks perfect. But wait— you turn it around and realize it was #hashtag#hashtag#hashtag in aggressive neon. Why? Why not just a plain black shirt!? I'm too old for this sh*t.
5. But Finding A Normal Pair Of Jeans Is Impossible
This is a skirt with 400 buttons. These are jeans that are 90 percent 'witty' patches. These are so ripped my arm fits through them. Where are the damn jeans!?
6. When You Try Something On
Oh hai. Turns out I'm a XXL in jeans and S in tops. Right, no. That makes sense.
7. And You Decide To Swing By Make Up
It looks good from afar, but you get up close and it's just overwhelming.
8. When You Decide To Check Out
And the line is 400 people long. That's not an exaggeration. There are 400 people in that line.
9. So You Make The Walk Of Shame To The Door
You didn't buy anything. Again. And all those young eyes must be judging you.
Shopping at Forever 21 can be an emotional rollercoaster. And some of us just aren't cut out for it. But if you can handle the anxiety, then you'll get some great bargains.
Love Forever 21? SHARE your stories!