14 Too Real Things Only Tall Women Will Understand
The view's way better up here.
Being tall has its ups and downs— literally. Though some people look at you like you're a giant, you actually wouldn't change it for anything.
Here are 14 things you're bound to understand if you're a tall woman:
1. At One Point You Weren't This Tall
It all started out normal, you were exactly the same height as every other girl. Short, even.
2. But One Day It *All* Changed
It basically happened overnight. You woke up one day and you were 8 feet taller.
3. "Yes, Yes, I Know I'm Really Tall."
You will repeat this at least 6 times a day.
4. The Clothes Shopping Nightmare
How many times have you found the perfect shirt and realized your belly button shows? Or jeans that stop 4 inches above you ankle?
5. And Realizing How Few Stores Carry "Tall"
And almost all of them are just for work pants. How many work pants does one women need?!
6. The Debate About What Shoes To Wear On Dates
Heels look nicer, but.... but... what if he's short?
7. And Always Choosing Wrong
They are always, always short. If you wear heels, it's a guarantee.
8. Being Called 'Sir'
Thanks for that.
9. Knowing When Guys Are Lying About Their Height
You may be able to fool a girl who's 5'4'', but there's no way you're six feet. You're not fooling me.
10. When You Were Younger, You Just Wanted To Be Shorter
You went through a phase where you were desperate to fit in— and it really didn't seem fair.
11. But Now You Actually Love It
Long legs, clothes look great on you— what's not to love? You learned to own it.
12. Though Always Getting Asked To Reach Stuff Is Annoying
You friends, your boyfriend, people at the supermarket— nobody has any shame about asking you to reach. You're basically a human cherry picker for them.
13. And Nobody Seems To Understand How Tall You Actually Are
They assume you can reach shelves 9 feet off the ground. You're not an effing giant.
14. You'd Never Want To Change It
Sure, it may be inconvenient. But it's a part of you and you totally love it. If only you could go back and tell puberty-you that.
It may have taken some getting used to, but being tall is actually the best. So wear those high heels and never apologize.
Love having your head in the clouds? SHARE your thoughts on being tall!
We hope you love the products we recommend! Before you continue, we’d like you to know that there are affiliate links in this article. This means Women.com may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the following links. Prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.