You'll Be 'Feeling Good' After Reading 14 Sammy Davis Jr. Quotes
The Best Sammy Davis, Jr. Quotes
Singer, musician, and member of the Rat Pack, Sammy Davis, Jr. is an American legend. Not to mention the fact that Sammy Davis, Jr. quotes are both memorable and insightful. For a man who, in one of his famous quotes, said he had "no education," Sammy Davis, Jr. was incredibly intelligent. Education in no way equals intelligence and it definitely doesn't equal talent, which he had in spades.
"What have I got? No looks, no money, no education. Just talent."
Inspiring Quotes From Sammy Davis, Jr.
• "Savor the moments that are warm and special and giggly."
• "Wishing, hoping and regretting are the most common and dangerous tactics for evading the present."
• "You always have two choices: your commitment versus your fear."
• "We can't answer King's assassination with violence. That would be the worst tribute we could pay him."
• "Reality is never as bad as a nightmare, as the mental tortures we inflict on ourselves."
Sammy Davis, Jr. Quotes For The Ages
• "You can be in this business 50 years and still not know anything about it."
• "If you want to be the best, baby, you've got to work harder than anybody else."
• "You have to be able to look back at your life and say, 'Yeah, that was fun.'"
• "Real success is not on the stage, but off the stage as a human being, and how you get along with your fellow man."
The Ultimate Sammy Davis, Jr. Quotes
• "I gotta be me."
• "I have to be a star like another man has to breathe."
• "The ultimate mystery is one's own self."
• "Part of show business is magic. You don't know how it happens."
• "My home has always been show business."
Let's Keep the Conversation Going...
What's your favorite Sammy Davis Jr. quote?