Thank God You're a Country Boy With These 17 John Denver Quotes
John Denver really had a way with words! Check them out!
You'll Love These John Denver Quotes
John Denver was a wonderful musician, one we lost far too early from a plane crash in 1997. However, he leaves an incredible legacy in the form of his music. Many of his lyrics have even become popular quotes and even memes! Not only was John Denver an incredible folk musician, he was also an activist, humanitarian, and even an actor.
While we aren't getting into memes, we have compiled 17 amazing John Denver quotes we think you're really going to love! While it's a great song, there's a lot more to John Denver than "Country Roads, Take Me Home." If you don't believe us, keep reading and you're sure to find a new favorite John Denver quote!
Incredible John Denver Quotes
• "Peace is a conscious choice."
• "I've always liked to think that we put ourselves in the circumstances in life that will support us moving through to wherever it is our spirit is going."
• "Country roads, take me home, to the place I belong."
• "To live on the land we must learn from the ocean, to be true as the tide and free as the wind swell."
• "No one person has to do it all but if each one of us follow our heart and our own inclinations we will find the small things that we can do to create a sustainable future and a healthy environment."
• "People everywhere are the same in heart and spirit."
John Denver Quotes for the Ages
• "I believe that we are here for each other, not against each other. Everything comes from an understanding that you are a gift in my life - whoever you are, whatever our differences."
• "Death is not an ending, but a symbol of movement along the path upon which we are all traveling. As it may be painful to lose contact with the physical aspect of one we love, the Spirit can never be lost. We have been and always will be a part of each other."
• "The best thing you have to offer the world is yourself."
• "Fear does the choosing between right and wrong."
• "Relax, ease back in your seats and let the music take you wherever it does."
John Denver Quotes To Live By
• "The world needs you desperately."
• "Perhaps love is like a resting place, a shelter from the storm. It exists to give you comfort, it is there to keep you warm, and in those times of trouble when you are most alone, the memory of love will bring you home."
• "So welcome the wind and the wisdom she offers, follow her summons when she calls again. In your heart and your spirit, let the breezes surround you. Lift up your voice then and sing with the wind."
• "So in this quickening light, with the dawn of each new day, let us look for love."
• "The Earth is our mother just turning around, with her trees in the forest and roots underground. Our father above us whose sigh is the wind, paint us a rainbow without any end."
• "The future of life on Earth depends on our ability to see the sacred where others see only the common."
Let's Keep the Conversation Going...
What's your favorite John Denver quote?