14 Inspirational Poetry Quotes That Will Light a Fire Underneath You
We all need a little inspiration sometimes. Life is tough and while a quote won't magically make it better (though we wish it did!), it can be just the thing you need to hear to help you out of a rut. We found these lovely inspiration poetry quotes when we did some internet sleuthing for some of the most inspirational poems we could find.
Poetry is a great medium to express emotions. You don't even have to write poetry to get the benefit of it because there are tons of amazing poets out there writing poems about anything you could possible be feeling. Who knows, after reading these inspirational poetry quotes, maybe you'll feel compelled to start writing some poetry of your own!
That's okay if you don't too. Copy down your favorite inspirational quotes, Instagram them, turn them into graphics for your phone, or put them on a Post-It and put it somewhere you'll see it each day like on your bathroom mirror. You never know when you could use the inspirational boost!
Incredible Inspirational Poetry
• "Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence." -Max Ehrmann, "Desiderata"
• "Hold fast to dreams, For if dreams die, Life is a broken-winged bird, That cannot fly." -Langston Hughes, "Dreams"
• "Do you bow your head when you pray or do you look up into that blue space? Take your choice, prayers fly from all directions." -Mary Oliver, "Felicity"
• "Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost, "The Road Not Taken"
• "The heart of a man is very much like the sea, it has its storms, it has its tides, and in its depths it has its pearls too." -Vincent van Gogh
Wise Poems To Inspire You
• "You may shoot me with your words, You may cut me with your eyes, You may kill me with your hatefulness, But still, like air, I’ll rise." -Maya Angelou, "Still I Rise"
• "For a time I rest in the grace of the world, and I am free." -Wendell Berry, "The Peace of Wild Things"
• "If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain; If I can ease one life the aching, Or cool one pain, Or help one fainting robin Unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain." -Emily Dickinson, "If I Can Stop One Heart From Breaking"
• "I am glad that I paid so little attention to good advice; had I abided by it I might have been saved from some of my most valuable mistakes." -Edna St. Vincent Millay
Unbelievably Inspiring Poetry
• "I see each object gilded and glowing in the sun, know the sum of them is the beautiful body of the beloved, which is the world." -Gregory Orr, "Concerning That Book That is the Body of the Beloved"
• "The people who consider you weak have not yet noticed the wolf hiding behind your eyes, nor the flame inside your soul." -Nikita Gill, "Wolf and Flame"
• "Clear and sweet is my soul, and clear and sweet is all that is not my soul." -Walt Whitman, "Song of Myself"
• "The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." -Sylvia Plath
• "Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself." -Rumi
We hope you love the products we recommend! Before you continue, we’d like you to know that there are affiliate links in this article. This means Women.com may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the following links. Prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.