21 Afropunk Instagram Captions for the Festival of a Lifetime
Have a blast with these incredible Afropunk Instagram captions
The Best Afropunk Instagram Captions
Afropunk Brooklyn is quickly approaching, with Afropunk Atlanta soon after that! Are you ready for it? To help you celebrate and prepare for the festival, we've rounded up 21 Afropunk Instagram captions!
The festival that began as a way to celebrate being black in a predominately white punk scene has been around since 2005 and has been growing since it's inception and has since included soul and other amazing genres of music. Brooklyn headliners include Erykah Badu, Janelle Monae, and Tyler, the Creator, along with a long list of other amazing musicians.
The lineup is incredible and we can't wait! Be sure to check out our list of Instagram captions for Afropunk!
Cool Afropunk Instagram Captions
• Art is the absence of fear.
• When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
• "Peace one day." -Barron Claiborne
• "You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has freedom." -Malcolm X
• "Individuals do not create rebellions; conditions do." -H. Rap Brown
Good Insta Captions for Afropunk
• "It is quite easy to shout slogans, to sign manifestos, but it is quite a different matter to build, manage, command, spend days and nights seeking the solution of problems." -Patrice Lumumba
• Black is beautiful.
• "Nobody in the world, nobody in history, has ever gotten their freedom by appealing to the moral sense of the people who were oppressing them." -Assata Shakur
• "Remove the kinks from your mind, not your hair." -Marcus Garvey
• No sexism, no racism, no ableism, no ageism, no homophobia, no fatphobia, no transphobia, no hatefulness!
• We must turn our pain into power and our sorrow into strength.
Clever Captions for Afropunk Festivals
• "Sometimes people try to destroy you, precisely because they recognize your power - not because they don't see it, but because they don't want it to exist." -Janet Mock
• Rock 'n roll was invented by a queer black woman named Sister Rosetta Tharpe
• "Document the moments you feel most in love with yourself - what you're wearing, who you're around, what you're doing. Recreate and repeat." -Warsan Shire
• You don't have to be anti-man to be pro-woman.
• "I am dripping with melanin and honey. I am black without apology." -Upile
Witty IG Captions for Afropunk
• "Oppression makes a wise man mad." -Frederick Douglas
• We must put music to our troubles, and we will dance them away.
• Laundry is the only thing that should be separated by color.
• I can't believe I'm still protesting this s*** in 2018.
• Yes to music, yes to art, yes to love, yes to support, yes to diversity, yes to life, yes to future, yes to Afropunk!
We hope you love the products we recommend! Before you continue, we’d like you to know that there are affiliate links in this article. This means Women.com may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the following links. Prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.