How To Safely Stay In A Hotel Room Alone
In the wake of Kim Kardashian West's recent hotel room robbery, here are few tips to help protect yourself when traveling solo.
1. Call Ahead and Ask About Security Measures
Don't be afraid to ask hotel staff about surveillance and whether someone will be manning the front desk 24/7.
2. Don’t be Gender Specific When Booking Your Room
Pull a J.K. Rowling and simply provide an initial or two and last name to avoid suspicion.
3. Don’t Stay on the Ground Floor
If possible, request a room on a higher floor. It is much more difficult for an intruder to get into your room that way.
4. Have the Front Desk Attendant Write Down Your Room Number
It is a lot safer than announcing it to everyone in the lobby.
5. Use the “Do Not Disturb” Sign When You Leave the Room
Create the illusion of someone else staying with you by putting the sign out while exiting. You can also leave the television on.
6. Don’t Open the Door For Strangers
Even if they claim to be hotel staff (and even if they're cute). Call the front desk to make sure. Better safe than sorry!
SHARE these tricks with your loved ones. A safer world is a better world!