The Best Grey's Anatomy Quotes Of All Time
Grey's Anatomy has been one of the best television shows on-air for 13 seasons. Since 2005, fans of Grey's have watched Meredith Grey go through some pretty spectacular moments, both phenomenal and tragic. The drama is one thing, but the dialogue is extraordinary. So, here are our picks for the best Grey's Anatomy quotes of all time!
1. When Richard Gave The First Inspiring Speech In Grey's Anatomy History
"Each of you comes here today a hopeful. Wanting in on the game. A month ago you were in med school being taught by doctors. Today, you are the doctors. The seven years you spend here as a surgical resident will be the best and worst of your life. You will be pushed to the breaking point. Look around you. Say hello to your competition. Eight of you will switch to an easier specialty. Five of you will crack under the pressure and two of you will be asked to leave. This is your starting line. This is your arena. How well you play? That's up to you."
2. When Meredith Reminds Us To Keep Moving Forward, Even When Life Gets Scary
"Nobody wakes up thinking: 'My world will explode today. My world will change.' Nobody thinks that. But, sometimes, it happens. Sometimes, we wake up, we face our fears. We take them by the hand. And we stand there waiting, hoping, ready for anything."
3. When Cristina Reminded Us To Be A Force To Be Reckoned With
"Have some fire. Be unstoppable. Be a force of nature."
- Christina Yang
4. When Ellis Made You Change The Way You Look At Life
You grew up. It's a shame, an awful thing to grow up. The carousel never stops turning. You can never get off.”
5. When Derek Shepherd Was Being...Derek Shepherd
"It's a beautiful day to save lives. Let's have some fun."
6. When Cristina Taught Us What Being Someone's Person REALLY Meant
"If I murdered someone, she's the person I'd call to help me drag the corpse across the living room floor."
7. When Bailey Was Freaking HILARIOUS
"No one holds a scalpel until I'm so happy I'm Mary Freaking Poppins."
8. When Meredith Encouraged Us To Use Our Voice
"Don't let fear keep you quiet. You have a voice so use it. Speak up. Raise your hands. Shout your answers. Make yourself heard. Whatever it takes, just find your voice, and when you do, fill the damn silence."
9. When Meredith Reminded Us To Cherish The People That We Love
"Cause you never think that the last time is the last time. You think there will be more. You think you have forever, but you don't."
10. When Cristina Reminded Us That Boys Aren't Everything
"Don't let what he wants eclipse what you need. He's very dreamy, but he is not the sun, you are."
11. When Izzie (And Bailey) Reminded Us Of This Important Lesson
"Just because people do horrible things, it doesn't always mean they're horrible people."
12. When Meredith Reminded Us To Enjoy Those We Care For While We Still Can
"Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it. But every now and then, look around. Drink it in, cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."
13. When April Stood Up For Herself
"I am not an ugly duckling. I'm a swan."
14. When Lexie Was SO REAL When It Came To Telling Someone You Love Them
"I love you. I do. I just, I love you. And I have been trying not to say it. I have been trying so hard to just mash it down and ignore it and not say it and... Jackson is a great guy. But it was never gonna work out, because I love you. I am so in love with you. You're in me. You're like—it's like you’re a disease. It's like I am infected by Mark Sloan and I just can't think about anything or anybody and I can't sleep. I can't breathe. I can't eat. And I love you. I love you all the time. Every minute of every day. I love you. God, that feels good to just say that. I feel so much better. I love you."
15. When Derek Was Unbelievably Romantic
"I wanna marry you. I wanna have kids with you. I wanna build a house. I wanna settle down and grow old with you. I wanna die when I'm 110 years old, in your arms. I don't want 48 uninterrupted hours. I want a lifetime."
16. When Jackson Stopped April From Marrying The Wrong Guy
"I love everything about you. Even the things I don't like, I love. And I want you with me. I love you and I think you love me too. Do you?"
17. When Meredith REALLY Put Her Heart On The Line For The First Time
"Okay, here it is. Your choice, it's simple: her or me. And I'm sure she's really great. But, I love you. In a really, really big pretend to like your taste in music, let you eat the last piece of cheesecake, hold a radio over my head outside your window, unfortunate way that makes me hate you, love you. So pick me, choose me, love me."
18. When Mark Told Us To Say What We Feel, No Matter What Happens
"If you love someone you tell them. Even if you're scared that it's not the right thing. Even if you're scared it'll cause problems. Even if you're scared that it will burn your life to the ground. You say it. You say it loud."
19. When Meredith Spoke The Truth About Being Happy
"Not everybody has to be happy all the time. Thats not mental health. That's crap."
20. When Derek Explained What It Was Like To Fall In Love After A Rough Time
"You were like coming up for fresh air. It's like I was drowning and you saved me. That's all I know."
What is your favorite Grey's Anatomy quote of all time? Let us know down below in the comments!!
Don't forget to check out all the Grey's Anatomy Season 14 premiere details!
Want more Grey's Anatomy?! Check out all our Grey's content here!
Or do you want to test your Grey's knowledge? Take this quiz to see if you can name every Grey's doctor by one clue to prove yourself!
SHARE this article with your friends and family who love Grey's Anatomy like you do!!
WANT MORE GREY'S ANATOMY CONTENT? Check out and LIKE our Grey's Anatomy Facebook page for all things Grey's Anatomy!