7 Skin Method: Korea's Best-Kept Secret for Flawless Skin
Ready for the best skin of your life? You need to try the 7 skin method.
The 7 Skin Method Meaning
We're firm believers in treating yourself, especially when it comes to skincare. So, you can imagine how we feel about trying out all the different trends out there. And trust us when we tell you that there are a lot. One technique we learned recently that's been around for quite some time is the 7 skin method, a Korean beauty craze that gives you the best skin of your life by applying 7 thin layers of hydrating toner.
Whether the 7 skin method is just a clever way of selling more toner or it's exactly what you need in your daily routine, we're here to share some insight. From how to apply the 7 skin method to helpful tips and the best products to use, here is everything you need to know about this K-beauty trend so that you can try it for yourself.
And we promise it's not as intensive as the 10-step skincare routine. Sort of.
How to do the Korean 7 Skin Method
Cleanse your face. We suggest using the double cleansing method to clear off all the dirt, oils, and sweat on your face.
Pat your face until your face is just slightly damp.
To apply the first layer of toner, pour out a dime sized amount onto your hands or on a cotton pad. Gently pat the product onto your face.
Continue to pat gently until your skin no longer feels wet. This means that your skin has absorbed the product and it's ready for another layer. If your skin is still wet when you apply a new layer then it will just sit on top and you may not get the full benefits of the method. At most, waiting between each layer should be 3 minutes.
For your second layer, just use your hands. Do not use a cotton pad. Pour a dime sized amount of toner into your palms and pat it gently into your skin. Again, stop when your skin stops feeling wet.
Repeat step 5 for layers 3-7.
After the seventh layer, you can continue with the rest of your skincare routine where you can apply your serums, face masks, and moisturize. Of course applying serums and face masks are optional, but you want to make sure you apply a moisturizer to lock in all the moisture.
Tips for the 3/7 Skin Method
- You can also use essences, especially if they have the watery consistency of a toner.
- Make sure you are using a HYDRATING toner. For the love of god, please do not use a product that has harsh alcohols or fragrances.
- You don't need all seven layers. You can choose to do as many as you like, depending on your skin. If seven seems like too many layers, then people typically will do 3 layers instead of 7. So, we guess you can call this method the 3/7 skin method.
- Don't forget your eye area! During each step, you can tap the toner in with your ring finger.
- Remember to exfoliate your skin 2-3 times a week.
- In case you didn't catch our drift before, please do not pat too aggressively. The key is being gentle and patient.
Toners for the 7 Skin Method
Looking for the best hydrating toners for the 7 skin method? Here are a few of our favorite picks, featuring Asian beauty (not just K-beauty) brands!
Hada Labo Gokujyun Lotion: Buy on Amazon
Dear Klairs Supple Prep Facial Toner: Buy on Wishtrend
Kikumasamune High Moist Lotion: Buy on Amazon
Missha Time Revolution First Treatment Essence: Buy on Amazon
Earth's Recipe Energy Boosting Toner: Buy on Amazon