Salmon is a staple in my house, but we usually just bake it in the oven and that can get a little....bland and boring to say the least. Then, I was lucky enough to stumble upon this AMAZINGNESS on Bon Appetit. This is one of my favorite go-to Sunday night treats.
It's so easy to throw together but tastes like it took all day. Each little chunk of salmon is so infused with flavor, it's almost like a sweet, spicy, tangy candy.
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless salmon filet, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 lemons, very thinly sliced into rounds
- Olive oil
16 metal or bamboo skewers. If you're using bamboo, soak the skewers in water 1 hour prior to cooking.
- Crank grill to medium heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together all the spices (oregano, sesame seeds, cumin, salt, and red pepper flakes) and set aside.
- Thread salmon onto skewer, followed by a folded slice of lemon. Make sure to begin and end with salmon. Pro tip: Use two skewers parallel with one another. This keeps the salmon in place on the grill (otherwise it flops around). You should have enough stuff to make 8 kebabs.
- Brush with olive oil and rub with spice mixture, making sure to fully coat.
- Place on well-greased grill. Turn occasionally until fish is opaque throughout, ~5-8 minutes.
- Grilled veggies
- Fresh green salad
- Grill corn on the cob - Pinot Gris or Rosé
Get ch'o grill on, girl.
SHARE the delicious dinner with your friends!