Sweet & Sour: Make The Perfect Lemonade
Water + Lemons + Sugar. That's it.
Ahhhhh. Nothing says lazy summer day like a cool glass of sweet and sour lemonade. And forget the bottled stuff or using the pre-packaged concentrate.
Once you see how easy lemonade is to make yourself, I bet you'll always have a pitcher on hand.
Here's how to make the best lemonade:
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 cups + 2 gallons water
- 4 cups fresh lemon juice (~1/4 cup of juice can be squeezed from one lemon...so get a whole big bag)
- Make simple syrup: add the 4 cups of sugar and 4 cups of water to a saucepan and stir until the sugar dissolves and the mixture thickens slightly.
- Cool completely.
- Pour syrup into a 3 gallon (or larger) jug. Add 2 gallons cold water and lemon juice and stir until fully combined.
- Refrigerate and cool completely.
- Serve over ice and garnish with a lemon wedge.
Be cool like Riley. Make your own lemonade.
SHARE with your friends so they don't die of thirst this summer.
We hope you love the products we recommend! Before you continue, we’d like you to know that there are affiliate links in this article. This means Women.com may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the following links. Prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.