Sweet & Sour: Make The Perfect Lemonade
Water + Lemons + Sugar. That's it.
Ahhhhh. Nothing says lazy summer day like a cool glass of sweet and sour lemonade. And forget the bottled stuff or using the pre-packaged concentrate.
Once you see how easy lemonade is to make yourself, I bet you'll always have a pitcher on hand.
Here's how to make the best lemonade:
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 cups + 2 gallons water
- 4 cups fresh lemon juice (~1/4 cup of juice can be squeezed from one lemon...so get a whole big bag)
- Make simple syrup: add the 4 cups of sugar and 4 cups of water to a saucepan and stir until the sugar dissolves and the mixture thickens slightly.
- Cool completely.
- Pour syrup into a 3 gallon (or larger) jug. Add 2 gallons cold water and lemon juice and stir until fully combined.
- Refrigerate and cool completely.
- Serve over ice and garnish with a lemon wedge.
Be cool like Riley. Make your own lemonade.
SHARE with your friends so they don't die of thirst this summer.