Sweet And Simple: The Easiest, Most Delicious No-Roll Sugar Cookies
Soft, chewy, and easy AF.
While holidays and special occasions may call for sugar cookies that involve rolling out the dough and creating fun shapes with cookie cutters and icing, every other day involves these cookies.
The dough comes together in just a few minutes. Then scoop and bake for a few minutes. Boom. Now all you need is a glass of milk.
Here's how to make them:
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, add butter and sugar and, using a hand mixer or stand mixer, cream until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Keep beating the butter and slowly add the dry ingredients in, in batches. Blend until all dry ingredients are just incorporated.
- Using a cookie scoop to spoon, place rounded teaspoon-sized balls of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. These will spread out a lot. You can fit 12 on half-sheet sized pan and 6 on a quarter-sized.
- Bake about 10 minutes. If the cookies are golden-brown on the bottom, they've cooked too long. I like to pull mine out while they still look a bit underdone, as they'll continue to cook a bit on the baking sheet.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for ~5 minutes and, once they've set a bit, transfer to a cooling rack until completely cool.
SHARE with your friends!