You just can't go wrong with baking an apple pie. Try a twist on this American-favorite by making apple pie bites. This warm and delicious bite-sized dessert is easy as pie — pun intended.
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or nutmeg + 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon or nutmeg for sprinkling
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced into 8 slices
- 1 can crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Mix together cinnamon/nutmeg and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Melt butter. Toss apples in melted butter.
- On baking sheet, evenly arrange crescent roll triangles.
- Evenly sprinkle brown sugar mixture onto each triangle.
- On the wide portion of each triangle, place a butter-coated apple slice. Roll to wrap the slice in crescent dough.
- Brush each roll with butter remaining in the bottom of your bowl. Sprinkle with cinnamon/nutmeg.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, until golden brown.
H/T: The Blond Cook
SHARE with your buddies (or keep it as a secret for your next potluck)