Quick And Healthy Snack: How To Make Poppable Roasted Chickpeas
Simple, quick, and delicious, these will totally change your snack habits for life.
- 1 can (12 oz) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed, and blotted dry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste (about 1 teaspoon each)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking sheet.
2. Spread out chickpeas on baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat evenly. Evenly spread chickpeas out over baking sheet.
3. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until browned and crunchy.
Add a little variety
- Add 1 teaspoon ground cumin, 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- Add 1 teaspoon of minced fresh garlic or 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- If garlic Parmesan is more your speed, also add 1/2 cup shredded parm before baking.
- Toss with 1/4 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce.
- Roast the chickpeas naked.
- Nix the black pepper. Cut the salt to ~1/8-1/4 teaspoon pending your taste preference.
- Add 1 tablespoon honey, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg.
- Once they're done roasting, toss them (while they're still hot) in the honey, oil, and spices.
- Place them back on the baking sheet and roast for another 10 minutes, or until caramelized.
But really, any of your favorite sauce or spice mixture will work!
They're super shareable, but you probably won't want to.
SHARE with your friends that love to snack!
We hope you love the products we recommend! Before you continue, we’d like you to know that there are affiliate links in this article. This means Women.com may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the following links. Prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.