Here's How To Make Those Smashed Potatoes That Are Blowing Up The Internet
Smashed is the new french fry.
Smashed potatoes are basically the greatest thing that will ever happen to your taste buds. They're also perfect for when you can't decide between mashed potatoes and baked potatoes.
These delicious mashed potatoes are seriously going to blow. your. mind. Soft and fluffy in the inside, golden and crisp on the outside. It's the best side dish since macaroni and cheese.
Here's how to make them:
- 24 ounces small, baby potatoes (I like red potatoes, but you can also use dutch yellow or baby Yukon)
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 3 cloves of garlic, pressed or use a microplane for a fine grate
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with nonstick spray or silicone baking liner.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and lightly salt. Add potatoes and cook for 15-20 minutes until softened. Drain.
- Place potatoes on baking sheet. Using a fork or small potato masher, smash so the potatoes are flattened.
- Drizzle with olive oil, top with garlic, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for ~20 minutes, until the tops are golden and crispy.
- Add Parmesan or cheddar cheese before baking
- Add a roasting spice, like thyme or rosemary before baking
- Top with pesto after baking
- Top with chives after baking
- Make little baked potatoes by adding cheddar cheese before baking, and then topping with chives, crumbled bacon, and a tiny dollop of sour cream just before serving
SHARE with your fellow tater lover!
We hope you love the products we recommend! Before you continue, we’d like you to know that there are affiliate links in this article. This means Women.com may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the following links. Prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.