Brace your tastebuds for this sweet and savory dinner dish! Here's how you make it:
- Bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (this recipe makes enough sauce for 8, but you can scale down your portion size as needed)
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 fat cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season both sides of each chicken thigh with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a large, oven-proof skillet, like this one, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken, skin-side down, and sear for ~2-3 minutes per side until golden. Set to the side.
- Melt the other 1 tablespoon of butter in the skillet. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, stirring frequently, ~1 minute. Remove skillet from heat.
- Stir in brown sugar, honey, and remaining spices. Return chicken to skillet.
- Place skillet in oven and cook, uncovered, for ~25-30 minutes, or until internal temp is 165 degrees F and chicken is fully cooked through.
- Garnish with fresh parsley just before serving.
H/T: Damn Delicious
Side dish suggestion:
Parmesan-Herb Roasted Red Potatoes
These cook at the same temperature as the chicken (woot!). Just add them in ~15-20 minutes before the chicken.
Try a nice, crisp Pinot Gris.
Chicken thighs for the win.
SHARE with your foodie friends!