Easy Weeknight Win: Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken
This dish takes less than an hour and you'll want to put this sauce on EVERYTHING.
Brace your tastebuds for this sweet and savory dinner dish! Here's how you make it:
- Bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (this recipe makes enough sauce for 8, but you can scale down your portion size as needed)
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 fat cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season both sides of each chicken thigh with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a large, oven-proof skillet, like this one, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken, skin-side down, and sear for ~2-3 minutes per side until golden. Set to the side.
- Melt the other 1 tablespoon of butter in the skillet. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, stirring frequently, ~1 minute. Remove skillet from heat.
- Stir in brown sugar, honey, and remaining spices. Return chicken to skillet.
- Place skillet in oven and cook, uncovered, for ~25-30 minutes, or until internal temp is 165 degrees F and chicken is fully cooked through.
- Garnish with fresh parsley just before serving.
H/T: Damn Delicious
Side dish suggestion:
Parmesan-Herb Roasted Red Potatoes
These cook at the same temperature as the chicken (woot!). Just add them in ~15-20 minutes before the chicken.
Try a nice, crisp Pinot Gris.
Chicken thighs for the win.
SHARE with your foodie friends!