You don't have to sacrifice taste for time with this quick and easy salad recipe. This light lunch option packs the protein and flavor to keep you going throughout the workday. Here's how to make it:
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Drizzle olive oil
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained
- 1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Your favorite salsa
- Your favorite ranch dressing
- Your favorite hot sauce (we recommend Cholula)
- Spring Mix lettuce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drizzle olive oil over chicken breast and rub to coat. Sprinkle with taco seasoning on both sides, rubbing to coat. Arrange evenly on baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and bake for ~30 minutes (internal temp should be at 165 degrees F). Set aside and allow to cool.
- Add black beans and green chilies to a skillet over medium heat for ~5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add frozen corn and cook another 5 minutes, or until warm.
- Once chicken is cool, shred.
- To make dressing, mix equal parts ranch dressing and hot sauce.
- If you're going to eat immediately, top lettuce with chicken, bean/corn mixture, salsa, and lettuce.
- If you're prepping for the week, split the ingredients evenly among 5 containers. Pack your chicken and bean/corn mixture on the bottom of your container with the lettuce on top. Make sure to pack the salsa and dressing separately to avoid soggy lettuce.
- Shredded cheese
- Diced red onion
- Cooked onions and bell peppers for a fajita feel
SHARE with your friends!