Ditch The Box: How To Make Brownies From Scratch
Dibs on the corner brownies.
Sometimes, you just need a brownie. And while the boxed stuff can seem like the way to go, scratch-made brownies are so easy, you literally probably have all of the ingredients on hand.
Disclaimer: This recipe will yield chewy brownies. If cakey is more your thing, you won't find it here.
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
When someone asks if anyone wants to lick the batter off the spoon...
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Prepare a 9x13 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl. Using a spoon, carefully mix and fold the ingredients together. Don't over mix! A few lumps of cocoa and flour is fine.
- Add batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean if you were to prick it in the middle.
Go ahead, girl. Indulge.
SHARE with your friends! Don't let them fall victim to boxed mix again!
We hope you love the products we recommend! Before you continue, we’d like you to know that there are affiliate links in this article. This means Women.com may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the following links. Prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.