14 Hilarious Things Women Tell Themselves To Avoid Doing Laundry
I swear on the life of my stinky socks, I'll do the laundry tomorrow. No, really.
The laundry's gotta get done, but it's not as if anybody actually wants to do it. Maybe if you come up with enough excuses it'll do itself?
1. I mean…I don’t really need to wear underwear, right?
Going commando is totally in.
2. Doing laundry is a waste of my valuable time. I'm definitely too important for this
Oh, who am I kidding, I’m just going to use the time on Netflix. Stranger Things isn’t going to watch itself.
3. Isn’t it better for the environment to do laundry less often?
Running a washing machine uses so much energy and water, so isn’t it irresponsible of me to wash my clothes?
4. Maybe I can drop it off and pay to have the laundromat do it?
It does cost $20, but what’s more valuable, my money, or my time?
5. I could also not do my laundry and just use the $20 to buy new underwear.
And socks. I need clean socks, too.
6. Honestly, why does the laundromat need to be so far away?
I would have done my laundry already if I didn’t practically book a flight to get there.
7. I’ll definitely, DEFINITELY do my laundry tomorrow.
Tomorrow I’ll be full of energy and actually want to do it. Not sure why tomorrow will be different, but that’s a problem for future me.
8. I’m probably the only one who can tell how rank this sweatshirt is, right?
It just smells stronger to me because it’s my body odor. No one else will notice. That’s how things work, right?
9. Why can’t I match these neon green Tripp pants that haven’t seen the light of day since 2003 with this lace blouse with covered in inexplicable brown leather stars? Is it because I’d look like an idiot?
That's fair, but I’d be an idiot with clean clothes who doesn’t have to do laundry, and that’s the kind of stupidity I aspire to. I look adorable no matter what I wear, okay? I'M ADORABLE.
10. Maybe I can just toss a couple things into my roommates’ laundry next time they do it…?
That’s cool, right? I washed their favorite shirt last time I did laundry! Plus I picked up their dry-cleaning! They owe me!
11. What if I just Fed-Exed my laundry to my mom…?
It's okay, I'm still secretly an infant.
12. If I don’t leave the house today I can just hang out in my bathrobe.
No clothes necessary.
13. I don’t even have any quarters. If I’m going to do laundry today, I’m going to have to break a $20 so I can use the quarter machine at the laundromat.
And what am I going to break it on? Cool Ranch Doritos. Do I really need to eat more Doritos? It’s better for my health if I don’t do laundry.
14. Okay, okay, I’m going. But I’m going to complain the whole time.
SHARE your excuses when you don't want to do laundry!
We hope you love the products we recommend! Before you continue, we’d like you to know that there are affiliate links in this article. This means Women.com may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the following links. Prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.