10 Reasons Having Sisters Prepared You For The Real World
Beware of the caboose: it's always ready to let out steam.
1. You know how to wait your turn.
You probably spent a quarter of your adolescence waiting for your sister to finish getting ready while standing outside bathrooms, sitting in cars to get to school and for a chance to watch what you wanted on T.V. Well, it's done you good. You've got an impeccable bladder and can withstand any line that gets in your way.
2. You also know how to express yourself when you're over waiting.
3. You're a master negotiator.
Years of trial and error alongside your sister has made you the master hostage negotiator when getting your way with mom and dad.
This never works.
4. You know how to take the lead.
Your sister definitely made a leader out of you. Whether it was holding your litter sister's hand on her first day of school or seeing your big sister charge the Christmas decorations, You've learned what it takes to be a good chief.
5. You know how to throw shade
And how to be direct with your aim.
6. You know how to be competitive without all the rude.
But being a real winner is your life's goal and favorite hobby.
7. You know how to keep things tight lipped.
Every rug burn scar on your body can be pointed back to every time you slipped up.
8. You know the words to the majority of Alanis Morissette songs.
You just didn't get the singer's angst back in the day, but thanks to your big sister rejecting all of you Bewitched requests, you've got hundreds of lyrics stored away to rock karaoke night. ...And isn't it ironic?
9. You know how to give a good present
Thanks to big sis always wanting to “get mom and dad something good this year,” you've come to appreciate the art of gift giving. And all of your friends love you for it.
10. You know how to roll out a good apology.
Having a sister taught you the importance of sustaining your friendships for the long-term. Having a sister taught you the importance of an apology.
And also how to delve one out when ~mom/ boss/ real life~ makes you do it.